10.09.2011

my trip back east

Okay, so bear with the many, many pictures of my trip back EAST [and the fact that it's 2:30AM, and I'm not quite sure why I'm blogging instead of sleeping].  
It was such a treat to attend Graham & Helga's beautiful wedding, and spend some quality time with Ace's family!
 This is right after Graham & Helga's rehearsal dinner at the Odeon Cafe.  It was so fun to be in DC!  I hadn't been there since my 8th grade History trip [where sadly to say, we were much more interested in visiting the shopping mall than the MALL].

What a fun & Beautiful wedding!  I admire amazing photography - check out the gorgeous shots taken by their photographer - Paul Kim.
 SERIOUSLY... is it fair to be THAT stunning!!!  Helga was a beyond beautiful bride!  If you love photography...and weddings, take a visit to the Paul Kim Photography blog.  Definitely worth a peek!!
 LOVE those shots of the VERY breathtakingly, beautiful Helga.
Very modelesque indeed! 
And me and Ace make a cameo, dancing the night away!
Okay, back to my sub-par photography now...
 The handsome groomsmen at Congressional Country Club [also the sight of the last US open].
The happy couple!
 Ace & I with his sweet Mom!
 Such a fun group of people there - not a dull moment.
 The next day we were off to visit Ace's sister in Richmond, and his brother in Charlottsville.
 And on the last day, Ace's dad took us around DC for some sight seeing.  It was worth battling the rain in order to spend time in the most historic part of the country.

 I really admire his parents a lot.  Such wonderful people, that went through so much, to give their family a better life in the US.  So Thankful they did!
 Obama says HI!
 I was excited to have the opportunity to lunch at the WORLD BANK, where his Dad has worked, and continues to work as a consultant. 

 The cool thing about Lunch at the world bank, was the variety of foods from well... all parts of the WORLD!  It was an architecturally amazing building as well.
I'll admit, it's a fun bonus dating someone from such a cool part of the country! We jammed a whole lot into the week, and I already can't wait to visit again.

No comments:

Post a Comment