You want entertainment... try going through your closet
with a BFF...and BF...
For the record - I was voted BEST DRESSED in high school [so what if it was THS...and over a decade ago]... and I happen to think I have great taste in clothes, but going through my closet last Sunday was definitely a humbling experience. We were laughing to tears!!!
How did my closet suddenly become full of so many loose, ruffly, sheer pieces, which at the time of purchase seemed rad and edgy... only now to be described by the words - GRANDMA STYLE!
Luckily I had two blunt and very helpful partners to help me sift through it.
Now that I have closet space, looks like I have a license to shop, but with a few rules in tact:
1. Steering clear of Anthropologie for a while, where I get hypnotized & warped not only into thinking a $48 T shirt is reasonable, but also entrenched in granny style...
2. No more ruffles for a while, trying to keep it simple.
3. Last but not least, gotta stop going Ape on bargains where I feel like it's too good of a deal to pass up on, even if I don't love it.
I have to say, it does feel nice to go through your closet. Someone once told me that you wear 20% of your clothes, 80% of the time. I definitely believe it. Go ahead - get brave, and go through your closet!!!
Whoa what is Ace holding??? Tell me you got that one for free.
ReplyDeleteI agree about Anthropology...lots of cool stuff but in the end you look like a grandma.
Although you've never looked like a grandma to me.
Will you please go through my closet FOR me? I'll make you dinner.
Oh and p.s. way to bring up Best Dressed! You and Kasey Dunlavy, right?
ReplyDeleteI am DYING!!! Loving Holly's comment "Whoa what is Ace holding?" That was the worst one for sure! Ok, it is true ..you STILL win the award for BEST DRESSED!! That was a good night though. Good idea for not going ape on every bargain and only go for Anthro for a bit on DEAD dresses and bedding!! Miss you already. Have tight weekend!
ReplyDeleteYou always look the cutest!!! But really what is the red shirt???? Kindove scary Lane. Ha I was laughing at this. I think I need to stay away from ruffles too!
ReplyDelete